#36 How to fix a loose toilet seat
Is your toilet seat giving you the slip?
We’ve all experienced a loose toilet seat, and it’s never pleasant. Here at Yates Plumbing and Gas, we’ve made replacing your loose toilet seat simple with easy step by step instructions.
IDENTIFYING THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM
Once you’ve discovered that your toilet seat is loose, you’ll now need to identify which component of the toilet seat is the problem, and what’s causing the issue.
- Quite often the cause of the seat becoming loose is an ill-fitting toilet seat or the wrong seat installed in the first place. If you can imagine that downward pressure is being applied to the toilet seat every time you use it, then it is no surprise that an ill-fitting toilet seat will come loose over time.
- In some circumstances, the toilet seat brackets are installed without the rubber slip barrier which is a big mistake and one of the leading causes of a loose toilet seat.
- Kids climb, jump, and squirm all over the toilet seat. Over my 15-year marriage, we didn’t have to change a toilet seat until our son turned 5. Now, we’ve changed 3 in the past year and a half.
FIXING THE PROBLEM
Once you’ve identified what the problem is, it’s time to fix it.
- It goes without saying to make sure you have either cleaned the toilet before tackling this job or make sure you’re wearing rubber gloves.
- Next, ensure that the toilet seat is aligned so that the seat sits directly above the toilet rim.
- Now that the seat is in position, ensure that the bracket set is complete with the rubber protection. Tighten the brackets with the Allen key provided.
- Test the seat by lifting it up and down vigorously 10-15 times. This includes sitting on the seat abruptly. After this test is completed, give the seat a quick retighten. If this is your own seat, then I would revisit the seat tightening after about a week.
By following these simple steps, you can easily replace your toilet seat with ease. If you need any help or want more information on how to do this, contact us!
If you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out to Yates Plumbing and Gas. We are local Brisbane plumbers, with a passion for excellence. Our friendly qualified team can help you with all of your plumbing and gas needs.
If you require more information or would like to book our service, please email on [email protected] or call us on 0437 827 502
We service the following areas.
Birkdale – Wellington Point- Alexandra hills- Capalaba – Wynnum – Thorneside – Lota- Manly – Cleveland- Ormiston – Morningside – Cannon Hill- Camp Hill- Chandler – Carindale – Gumdale – Wakerley – Bulimba – Belmont – Tingalpa