Skip to main content

# 15 How to fix a leaking sink mixer

# 15 How to fix a leaking sink mixer

This video explains how to effectively change a flick mixer tap (these can be found in showers, kitchens, all sorts) which involves changing the cartridge. With reputable brands, replacement cartridges are easy to find however with others you may need to take it to a plumbing supplier to see if they can match it.

First turn off the water to the tap either by an isolating tap, or  the main water supply. Turn the tap off clockwise, and make sure water is off. Look for button and cap, take it off. Use Allen key to take top of tap off. Now get shifter and unscrew the top anticlockwise. Pull cartridge out – they are all different. Put new cartridge in and screw in tight. Put locking, cover and head back on. Use Allen key to screw back up and turn the water back on.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out to Yates Plumbing and Gas. We are local Brisbane plumbers, with a passion for excellence. Our friendly qualified team can help you with all of your plumbing and gas needs.

If you require more information or would like to book our service, please email on or call us on 0437 827 502

We service the following areas:
Birkdale – Wellington Point- Alexandra hills- Capalaba – Wynnum – Thorneside – Lota- Manly – Cleveland- Ormiston – Morningside – Cannon Hill- Camp Hill- Chandler – Carindale – Gumdale – Wakerley – Bulimba – Belmont – Tingalpa